We always want to make things simple, especially when it comes to choosing and using your benefits. Read on to learn the truth behind four common Open Enrollment myths.
Myth #1: I don’t need to do anything before Open Enrollment.
You need to prepare for Open Enrollment — but don’t worry, it’s easy! Head to MyTotalSource.com and double check that your contact info is accurate. This will ensure you receive deadline reminders and personalized enrollment videos that outline your options, lead you through the process, and help you confirm your benefits.
Myth #2: I can change my benefits whenever I want.
You might notice that we make a big deal about Open Enrollment every spring. That’s because it’s your once-a-year opportunity to update your benefits. Outside of Open Enrollment, you can only update your benefits if you experience a “qualifying life event,” such as a marriage, birth or adoption.
Myth #3: Enrolling is complicated and time-consuming.
Actually, it’s never been easier!
You’ll receive an email when Open Enrollment begins. That’s your cue to visit MyTotalSource.com and start the enrollment process.
Using the Enrollment Wizard, it should only take you 10-15 minutes to elect your benefits for the coming Plan Year (June 1 to May 31). If you don’t enroll or waive coverage, you’ll be automatically enrolled in equivalent plans, which may not be the best fit for you.
Myth #4: I have to figure it all out for myself.
We are here to help you! Take advantage of these Open Enrollment resources:
- MyTotalSource.com is your one-stop-shop for all things benefits — like the Enrollment Wizard, which will guide you through your enrollment.
- Personalized enrollment videos are headed to your inbox! These will contain important deadline reminders and outline your benefits options.
- On MyLife-ts.adp.com you can find information on voluntary benefits, benefits enrollment, our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more.
- Check out this health benefits glossary from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) for an overview of common benefits terms.
- If these resources can’t help, our MyLife Advisors are here to consult you. Call 1-800-554-1802 or email MyLifeAdvisor@adp.com. Please note this is a new email address.
Get ready for a stress-free Open Enrollment today by logging in to MyTotalSource.com and verifying your contact info. Here’s to a new year — backed by benefits you can count on!